Free Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers Residential Landscape Program
As part of the Family of Suppliers, we offer training and free weather-based irrigation controllers (also known as smart controllers). Once SCV residents or their landscapers complete our workshop, they will receive a free weather-based irrigation controller that automatically adjusts the amount of time sprinklers are on as well as helpful hints on water conservation in landscaping. These controllers are available only for single family residential accounts. For controllers for homeowners associations, please see our large landscape program. You need to register on-line for our class. You can take the class on-line. To register for our classes, visit SCVH2OPrograms.com.
Lawn Replacement Program
Castaic Lake Water Agency is now offering a $2.00 per square foot incentive for lawn removal at your home! The newly launched Lawn Replacement Program’s goal is to reduce outdoor water use by removing water-thirsty lawns and encourage new water-efficient landscape options to maintain an aesthetically pleasing sustainable property. DO NOT KILL OR REMOVE YOUR GRASS YET! Each customer must meet the Design Guidelines criteria and apply to qualify for the program prior to starting the landscape retrofit. To begin go to lawnreplacement.clwa.org
- $2.00 per square foot incentive for residential lawn removal
- Up to $5,000 per property available
- Save water and update your landscaping
Please begin at lawnreplacement.clwa.org.
High Efficiency Clothes Washer (HECW) Rebate
CLWA, in cooperation with the Family of Water Suppliers, is funding rebates of up to $200 for high-efficiency washing machines with a water factor of 4.0 or less. These rebates are available for both residential and commercial accounts as long as funds are available. Contact your water retailer for details.
Large Landscape and Commercial, Institutional and Industrial Rebate Programs
CLWA is funding rebate programs for customers in the Santa Clarita Valley that give homeowners associations, landscape maintenance districts, parks, businesses, schools and non-profits the opportunity to receive rebates for weather-based irrigation controllers (Option One) and turf removal (Option Two). Customers may take advantage of either option below or both options as long as funds are available. The steps below are mandatory and must be followed in order.
Option One – Weather-Based Irrigation Controller (WBIC) Rebate
- Customer initiates contact with CLWA by calling Large Landscape Coordinator at (661) 513-1244 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More detailed instructions and forms will be provided by CLWA.
- Customer completes and returns the Application, Liability Waiver and W-9.
- CLWA conducts a brief educational presentation to stakeholders (i.e., HOA, Board Members, Property Manager) on use and limitations of weather-based irrigation controllers.
- CLWA conducts a pre-inspection of existing controllers.
- Customer installed elligible controllers. Controllers must appear on this list to be eligible for rebate.*
- CLWA conducts a post-inspection of new controllers.
- Customer submits invoice to CLWA for $25/per active station and an invoice from the landscape contractors (proving the work was completed).**
After the invoice is received by CLWA, it will take a minimum of 6-8 weeks to receive your rebate check.
*Sometimes, it may be more cost-effective for the customer to upgrade existing traditional controllers to weather-based controllers. Funding for rebates in these cases is evaluated on a case by case basis.
**CLWA will pay up to the amount of the contractor’s invoice at the rate of $25/active station.
Option Two – Turf (Grass) Removal Rebates (for HOAs, Parks, Businesses, and Schools)
- Customer initiates contact with CLWA by calling Large Landscape Coordinator at (661) 513-1244 or email@example.com.
- More detailed instructions and forms will be provided by CLWA. Customer completes and returns the Application, Liability Waiver and W-9.
- CLWA conducts pre-inspection of turf area to be removed* and reports findings and measurements of qualified areas to customer for verification.
- Customer removes turf in pre-inspected area and installs plants, mulch or synthetic turf. Customer modifies or removes existing irrigation system.
- CLWA conducts a post-inspection of landscaped area.
- Customer submits invoice for $2.00 per square foot of verified turf removed (not to exceed the cost of the work being performed by the customer’s contractor).
From final step, it may take up six to eight weeks to receive a check from CLWA.
*Customers should check with the City of Santa Clarita Planning Department as to their requirements for all projects.